Lincoln Highway Garage
The Lincoln Highway Garage Association was formed by 12 Columbus businessmen at a meeting for the purpose of erecting a modern garage building. The stockholders decided to incorporate for $50,000 and to put up a one-story, fire-proof building of brick and steel construction. In 1915, as a result of the incorporation of the Lincoln Highway Garage Association, this service station garage was built. It was located on the intersection of the original plat of the Lincoln Highway as it entered downtown Columbus. Concrete plaques with the word “Garage” are affixed to the building above the garage doors on the south and east elevations. By 1930, this garage was sold to Ed M. Nielsen and operated under that surname for 74 years.
- 23rd Avenue & 13th Street