Historic

No Image Available

1857 Gottschalk Cabin

Although it was not the first home built in Columbus, this 1857 cabin was one of the earliest, largest, and farthest north of the Loup River.

View Larger Image

Andrew Jackson Higgins Memorial

The Andrew Jackson Higgins Memorial stands as a tribute to a Columbus native son who changed history and to veterans of all eras who have served and sacrificed.

View Larger Image

Columbus Loup River Bridge

The Columbus Loup River Bridge spans the Loup River south of Columbus.

  • Hwy 81 & 30, Columbus, Nebraska
View Larger Image

Dusters/Gottberg Brew Pub – Lincoln Highway Landmark

Originally known as “Gottberg Auto Company” – the building was built in 1920, as a Ford assembly plant, garage and dealership by Max Gottberg.

  • 2801 13th Street, Columbus, Nebraska
  • 402-564-8338
  • Visit Website
View Larger Image

Evans House

The construction of the 28-room Evans House took from 1908 to 1911. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.

  • 2204 - 14th Street, Columbus, Nebraska
  • 402-606-4096
View Larger Image

Glur’s Tavern

Built in 1876, Glur’s is the oldest continuously operated tavern west of the Missouri River still operating.

  • 2301 11th Street, Columbus, Nebraska
  • 402-564-8615
  • Visit Website
View Larger Image

Lincoln Highway – Evans Hotel

The Evans Hotel, now renamed the Park Plaza, was constructed in 1913 along the original route of the Lincoln Highway through downtown Columbus. 

  • 27th Avenue & 13th Street
View Larger Image

Lincoln Highway Avenue of Trees & Lincoln Highway Marker (Duncan)

Duncan is home to a historic Avenue of Trees and original concrete Lincoln Highway marker.

  • Duncan, Nebraska
View Larger Image

Lincoln Highway Garage

In 1915 the Lincoln Highway garage was built.  It was located on the intersection of the original plat of the Lincoln Highway as it entered downtown Columbus

  • 23rd Avenue & 13th Street
View Larger Image

Lincoln Highway Gardiner Station Section

This 1.2 mile Gardiner Station section of the original Lincoln Highway and the Pratt pony-truss bridge spanning Prairie Creek were in use from 1913 to 1928.

  • Rural Platte County, 115th St. (between Duncan & Silver Creek
View Larger Image

Platte County Courthouse

Construction began on the Platte County Courthouse in 1920 and was completed in 1922. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.

  • 2610 14th Street, Columbus, Nebraska
  • 402-563-4915
  • Visit Website
View Larger Image

Quincentenary Belltower

The Quincentenary Belltower in Pawnee Park was officially dedicated on April 25, 1992. Each of the bells has area historical significance and a plaque near each tower tells of the bell’s history.

  • Pawnee Park, Columbus, Nebraska
  • 402-564-2769
View Larger Image

Statue of Liberty Replica

Commemorates the 40th Anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America’s crusade to strengthen the arm of liberty.

  • Pawnee Park, Columbus, Nebraska