2016 PHOTO CONTEST RULES
1. Entries may be from professional or amateur photographers; all ages are welcome.
2. Entries must be submitted both in hard copy and digital format:
¨ Sizes to be only 8” x 10″
¨ Can be in color, B&W or Sepia tone
¨ jpg, tiff, png, etc. file at 300 DPI minimum
DO NOT mount, frame or mat photos.
3. Minor digital enhancements for cropping, red-eye removal, filters and corrective functions are permitted, but images that have been judged to be altered in any significant manner will be disqualified. Contestants are not permitted to place borders, frames or backgrounds around their images or to place watermarks, dates, signatures or copyright images onto photos. Images may not be digitally created.
4. No more than four entries per person. Each entry must be clearly marked with one of the categories listed. Entries not marked with a category may not be entered for final judging.
5. Tape to the back of each entry: printed name, address and daytime telephone number, email address, category, where the photo was taken (address or general area) and any pertinent information that will help us write a caption if we use the photo. DO NOT write on the photo or back of it or alter the JPG file to include any caption text.
6. All entries become property of the Columbus/Platte County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB). By entering the contest you are giving us permission to use the photos for publicity and promotion of Columbus & Platte County. This includes use on websites, exhibits, displays, brochures and/or publications, and for other marketing and promotional uses.
7. Photographers must sign a release granting permission to the CVB and affiliates to use said entries in publications. Permission does not restrict the photographer from any future uses of entered pieces. The CVB may credit the photographer in publications.
8. Neither the contest or the CVB are liable for any model fees or waivers thereof.
9. Entries that fail to comply with the Contest Rules will be disqualified.
10. Entry materials will not be returned.
11. Deadline: Entries and releases must be received on or before October 28, 2016, by 5:00 pm. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances.
12. We are seeking images with striking original color & creativity. Photos will be judged on originality, subject matter and visual appeal.
13. Judges decisions are final.
14. Contest Prizes: Each category will have first, second, and third place winners. There will be one overall winner chosen from the First Place winners. Prize money will be in Columbus Bucks.
Best of Show (selected from the 1st prize winners)
1st prize – $50
2nd prize – $35
3rd prize – $20
Festivals – Columbus Days, Duncan Rib Fest, Downtown Runaround, Platte Center 4th of July parade and many others.
Outdoor Activities and Vistas – hunting, fishing, hiking, bike/walk trails, golfing, water sports, etc. with scenic backgrounds.
Nature Still Life – natural settings of wildlife, vegetation, flowers, fossils and other natural and cultural features.
Landmarks – historical and significant areas of interest in Platte County, ex: Belltower, Higgins Memorial, mural, historical markers, St. Michael’s Catholic Church Complex, etc.
Photographs must be of events, people or scenes in Platte County, Nebraska! Images of all seasons are encouraged.
Judges reserve the right to determine if a photograph is appropriately categorized and change a photograph’s category accordingly.
For more information please contact Deb Loseke, Director, of the Convention & Visitors Bureau.